Eye Care Expert Forum
eye receding

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

eye receding
i was punched in my left eye,and have noticed since that it sets in farther than it used to and there is alot more fat around it. whats going on and will it heal?this happened almost 3 months ago.
When you were injured you likely suffered a fracture to one of the orbital bones -most likely the floor of the orbit.  This caused there to be more room in the eye socket or orbit and you now have a sunken in eye.  This is what happens sometimes with untreated orbital fractures.  You need to see an ophthalmologist who may have to refer you to an orbital surgeon to see if surgery might be able to help.  This really should have been treated soon after the injury.

MJK MD
could it be a tear or something,letting fat get too far forward and holding the eye back,because i notice more fat under my left eye...i never felt much pain if any,no bruising or swelling or discomfort?i hope it doesnt require surgery so im trying to figure out everything that could be happening