Eye Care Community
eye scars

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

eye scars

Hiya
I am 17 years old and had my eyes tested yesterday and they found that i had scars on the back of my right eye.
could you please tell me how i could have got these scars and if they are serious?
they have mever been noticed before and i have never been in any car accidents etc

many thanks
There are many many reasons to have scars on the eye. You need to ask these questions to the eye doctor that saw you. Hopefully you saw a MD physician ophthalmologist. If not have your parents take you to a real physician.

JCH MD
since last week i had when 2 the eye specialist,they told me i have two scars in my right eye,pescribe eye drops,,,,,,,,,what can i use 4 this to go away
There are many many reasons to have scars on the eye. You need to ask these questions to the eye doctor that saw you. Hopefully you saw a MD physician ophthalmologist.

Generally there is nothing that can be done to remove scars on the back of the eye.

JCH MD
There's no cure for retina scars.

I have one in my right and left.
The doctor told me , I was legally blind
With this scar .

-
No, that is not true. Scars can heal overtime.