Eye Care Expert Forum
eye surgery with jones tube

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

eye surgery with jones tube
I had eye surgery on 0ct 1,2010, on my right eye only. I had a Jones tube inserted. It has been 2 wks and I see very little improvement. My eye will not water for a short period of time and then all of a sudden tears will just pool in the right corner of my eye. That is why I had surgery!!!!!!!!!!!! The only difference is that before the tears would run down my face and I looked like I was crying. I am just wondering how long it will take for the tubes to work. I thought I would be just about back to normal by now. I guess I still have some swelling, I go back to the dr. in 3wks. I just wondered if there was an approximate time that I could expect to see results. I hope sooner rather than later. Thank for any help.
Dear Mackeysmom,

I would recommend that you call the doctor’s office that performed your procedure and speak with them about your symptoms.

Dr. Feldman

Sandy T. Feldman, M.D., M.S.
ClearView Eye and Laser Medical Center
San Diego, California