Eye Care Community
eye ticking with other physical symptoms
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

eye ticking with other physical symptoms

I have been having "episodes" since May 2009, I am having my 5th one right now.  One minute I will be fine, then all of a sudden I get dizzy and my eyes start ticking with almost every movement.  I know when this happens now, a list of other symptoms will follow and it lasts from 5 or 6 days to two weeks.  It's hard to explain the "ticking", but it's like when I move my eyes from one place to another, they will tick anywhere from 2 to 5 times and I can hear it like a snare drum with each tick.  The worse feeling is when my eyes "tick", I can feel like a minor shock going through my whole body, even my heart.  I am currently seeing a very good Nerologist/optomologist who has run all kinds of tests and tried several different medications but nothing seems to work.  He's wondering if it has something to do with transmitters in the brain.
Have you ever heard of something like this?  I'm beginning to feel like a medical mystery.  
Thank you.
Tags: eyes