Eye Care Expert Forum
eyeball pain

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

eyeball pain
The top of my right eyeball is very sore and I think my left one is starting to feel how my right one felt yesterday........do you kno why it feels this way? I didn't hit it or anything I just went to rub it and  it hurted
First, I would stop rubbing the eye since that seems to have made things worse.  You could have several things such as allergies, dry eyes, thyroid eye disease, keratitis, scleritis, episcleritis.  Get an appointment with an ophthalmologist as soon as possible and try some artificial tears in the meantime.

MJK MD
A related discussion, pain in eyeball when awakening and rubbing a bit was started.