Eye Care Expert Forum
eyebrow bump

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

eyebrow bump
mfj
Hello
I have a hard bump above my left eye.  It not very big and hardly noticable. If I point it out to people,then they can see it.  It looks like my left eybrow to puff out a little. It is right under my eyebrow, it is under the skin so I know it is not a skin irritation.  It comes and goes.  It has been comming and going for about ten years now, I am 33. It seems to appear larger when I am under stress.  It is a little tender when touched.
I am clueless to what it could be, should I be worried?
Since it hasn't always been there it should be checked out by an Eye MD physician ophthalmologist. It is not likely caused by stress. It could be a chalazion, a sebaceous cyst or other type of lesion.

JCH III MD