Eye Care Expert Forum
eyelid swollen

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

eyelid swollen

Hi! I've been using lilash product for a few days ago (it's an estimulator for eyelashes growth). But today after I applied some of it as I ussually do (being this the third day) one of my eyes (the left one) got kind of red and then it got swollen from the lower eye lid.. Is that bad? How long is that going to last? What can I do to heal it?? Help please, im kind of scared!
First of all you need to see an ophthalmologist to see if you have developed some sort of allergic reaction or something else.  Second, these type of products, available without prescription, won't really work.  The only product that really makes eyelashes grow thicker, longer and darker is Latisse and I've seen the product work in person (no financial interes.)  Good luck, and get it checked out. It's a shame that all you got were side effects and  you won't get any real effect.