Eye Care Community
eyes moving from side to side

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

eyes moving from side to side

for the past week only 3 days of the week, my eye has been moving left and right sometimes its from reading others from watching tv. if i remember right it just happened on its own . the best discription i give of the problem is the picture i am seeing in my eye is that it is moving to the left and right pretty fast and is impairing me from reading. its just freaking me out so i decided to look on the internet. once again i am just moving from side to side sometimes it switches to a "V" motion instead of horizontally.
     I think I experienced a similar kind of problem. My eyes move faster than regular speed when I try to read something. I cannot slow them down, and I am unable to understand the reading. My problem has bothered me for six years.

Anyone with more info?
That could be nystagmus which can be a sign of serious problems. You need to see a Eye MD physician ophthalmologist. Find one near you at www.aao.org

JCH III MD
thanks for the new doc =] oh and sorry for posting twice i double clicked the post button on accident