face down recovery
Has anyone used the massage chair during the face down week?
I had a vitrectomy w/scleral buckle and long lasting gas bubble to refill my eye this past summer, and I was lucky enough to have a massage therapist friend loan me both a massage table and a massage chair.  The table was OK when I was just relaxing or listening to music or radio.
The chair made it possible for me to work after a while - I had to maintain positioning about 6 weeks.  I was able to position my laptop down below and work on the computer.  Otherwise, my neck wouldn't have been able to keep the position.  The chair really helped ease my neck and back strain.
I didn't try using it to watch TV with a double mirror, but I did that by hand holding a mirror.

I had a 2nd retinal detachment this fall, and was treated by cryo and short acting (SF6) gas bubble.  This bubble lasted much shorter (less than a week)  was much smaller, so I was able to get by without a chair to help with postioning.  Pillows in bed and on the couch made it OK.
-
I had a vitrectomy with membrane peel to repair a macular hole.  I was told I would need to keep the face down posturing 24/7 for 2 weeks.  I rented equipment (seated massage chair with face support and an additional face support which is inserted between mattress and box spring) for 3 weeks.  The total cost was under $350 (including delivery) and insurance covered about 2/3 of the total.  I think the expenditure was well worth it.  
-