Eye Care Expert Forum
failed cataract surgery

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

failed cataract surgery

On 2/22/11 I went in for right eye cataract removal.  Apparently, the cornea thickness was uneven and the blade
went too deep?  I had a fluid leak and a suture placed and the removal of cataract cancelled.  I have a history of right eye ROP, extreme nearsightedness, astigmatism, prior retinal hemorhage, presbyopia.  4 days post op, I have developed pain on the lower eye, pain around the orbit, slight decrease in already poor vision and light sensitivity.
I called the on-call physician and he recommended artificial tears.  Something is wrong here, and I don't know what to do.  Can you please advise.  Thank you.  
You need to be examined right away.  This could be the sign of an infection or high pressure in the eye.  This is urgent so I hope you have already been to the doctor today.  If you can't get in to see your doctor, find a different ophthalmologist.  DO NOT DELAY.

HV
Avatar n tn
Thank you for your reply.  I am switching to another opthalmologist and will see what they have to say.  I appreciate your response.