Eye Care Community
farsightness options?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

farsightness options?

Hello,
The quick questions is are there truely good visions correction options for me?  46, male, active lifestyle with the following:  rt eye +4.25 cyl .5 axis 11   lt eye +4.5  cyl +1.00  axis 24    One doc has told me lasik is not a good option but suggested a clear lens replacement with a multifocal lens as an option.  another doc has suggested that PRK might be an option.  in reading here, i have concluded that multifocal lens are not a way i would like to go but that mono type lens have some appeal.  i have not found anything, such as guidelines, that suggest who is and who is not suitable for lasik and or PRK treatments.  do such things exist?  i look forward to your insight.  thank you    
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
No there are no good options if you mean a treatment that is inexpensive, risk free and gets you away from glasses entirely.

JCH MD
Blank
Thank you for the response.  now if i through in a few assumptions such as money is not an issue, i am willing to live with glasses for near activities such as computer and reading would thoughts change?  Thanks, again
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
If you are willing to accept risk, expenses, glasses for reading/shopping/computers

1. Contact lens
2. Conductive Keratoplasty
3. Hyperopic lasik
4. Clear lens extraction.

You will need to take it from there as I said all involve risk, expense, failing to meet your expectations

JC H MD
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank