Aa
A
A
Close
farsightness options?
Hello,
The quick questions is are there truely good visions correction options for me?  46, male, active lifestyle with the following:  rt eye +4.25 cyl .5 axis 11   lt eye +4.5  cyl +1.00  axis 24    One doc has told me lasik is not a good option but suggested a clear lens replacement with a multifocal lens as an option.  another doc has suggested that PRK might be an option.  in reading here, i have concluded that multifocal lens are not a way i would like to go but that mono type lens have some appeal.  i have not found anything, such as guidelines, that suggest who is and who is not suitable for lasik and or PRK treatments.  do such things exist?  i look forward to your insight.  thank you    
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
233488_tn?1310696703
No there are no good options if you mean a treatment that is inexpensive, risk free and gets you away from glasses entirely.

JCH MD
Comment
Cancel
233488_tn?1310696703
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thank you for the response.  now if i through in a few assumptions such as money is not an issue, i am willing to live with glasses for near activities such as computer and reading would thoughts change?  Thanks, again
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
233488_tn?1310696703
If you are willing to accept risk, expenses, glasses for reading/shopping/computers

1. Contact lens
2. Conductive Keratoplasty
3. Hyperopic lasik
4. Clear lens extraction.

You will need to take it from there as I said all involve risk, expense, failing to meet your expectations

JC H MD
Comment
Cancel
233488_tn?1310696703
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
farsightness options?
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources