film over eyes after cataract surgery
i had cataract surgery on both eyes it has been 1 year now  i get a film over both eyes sometimes when i blink it feels like there is something in my eyes they feel itchy  the dr has given me drops to put in my eyes and it  helps some  the dr says that i have a film over my eyes that needs to be removed by lazer surgery    is this normal for some patients to have to have another surgery on there eyes?
Yes after cataract surgery about one out of three patients will require a yag laser capsulotomy for the development of a cloudy posterior capsule (secondary cataract).

JCH MD
Dear Dr. Hagen:

How risky is a capsulotomy?  Is it better to have one done than suffer with the film over your eyes?  I heard the power of the laser can cause problems aside from Retinal Detachment?
A capsulotomy is a low risk (not no risk) surgery. If the vision is down due to an clouded posterior capsule then the capsulotomy is indicated. The risks of a RD are small but not zero. Risks are higher in those that were very myopic prior to cataract surgery.

JCH MD
I have never really had any serious problems with my eyes other than when I burned the cornia of one of me yes several yrs ago. Now I am 34 yrs old and I am waking up to a film over my eyes. I at times I have to just lay there til it goes away so I can get up. It comes and goes every so often throughout the day. Please help me understand!