Eye Care Expert Forum
flashes and pain

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

flashes and pain
One month ago suddeny I started to see bright flashes of light in the far corner of my right eye's visual field, the next day I was diagnosed with vitreous body detachment, The day after the exam I started to have tightness and pin in the corner of that eye and even in my temple., Ever since I have some aches and pains there, sometimes a strong feeling that there is something in my eye, then the feeling goes away, had thos several times. I still see flashes of light, but only when the Sun goes down, never during the day. I was told that the flashes could go on for a long time, but the pain is not typical. I wonder why I have this little annoying pain then? And what is that false feeling of forign body in the eye? My father's sister has glaucom, catarct and macular degeneration, so I am concerned. THAK YOU in advance for helping me clarifying things.
Madeline
Dear Madeline1951,

I would recommend that you go back to your eyeMD to determine the cause of your aches and pain and foreign body sensation as well as flashes of light.  

Dr. Feldman

Sandy T. Feldman, M.D., M.S.
ClearView Eye and Laser Medical Center
San Diego, California