flashing light
I recently started having bright flashes of light in my left eye. It occors in the periphel area of my vision. It appears simular to a strobe light flash. No pain but it is very distracting. Just wandering if it is anything that needs a Doctors visit.
Flashing lights always warrants a checkup pretty quickly.
Yes, see an ophthalmologist.

Dr. O.
Can you please tell me what causes red flashes in the eyes when you blink? For example when you blink its not the normal black which because you blink so fast you don't even notice but its replaced by a brilliant red. The first time even when not blinking all I could see was red as if your looking through red glass.This has happened several times and the lasted was today. The first time it happened I thought someone has lazered me as I was out in the street, if it hadn't happened again I would of still believed Id been lazered. Last year I was told I had Adies Tonic pupil. Mainly my left pupil would become enlarged, this went quiet then a few months ago I had constant pain in the left eye which was so bad I couldn't watch TV so kept the eye shut. My right eye pressure was 21 and left was 22 then the left went up to 25. The pain stopped but I do occasionally get a short sharp stabbing which I think is dry eye??? After the pain stopped I managed to see an ophthalmologist who said my eyes were fine. Had another appointment yesterday and again told they were fine. Also told that 26 was my natural eye pressure. Well today I had the red flashes again (only on blinking and not when looking around). Didn't mention them to this ophthalmologist yesterday as I had originally thought they were from a lazer. It happens when I'm in sunlight. Checked with my sister and asked her what she could see through her eye just to test to make sure it wasn't me being paranoid. She couldn't see red flashes out in the sun only normal view. This has puzzled me as I was minding my own business and not even giving my eyes any thought at the time. Really need to know what this could be. Its so bright its blinding. I have Arthritis and fibromyalgia. I have started to see a homoeopath which I feel has helped with my eye pain and also edema in my left leg. The consultant didn't think fibromyalgia would of caused any eye trouble. I do feel that the vision is not so sharp in the left eye now since the previous eye pain this year. Please can you give me some advice. Very much appreciated.Thankyou.