fluid behind the eye
My father had lasik surgery couple of years ago.  He has been having poor vision at night lately so he went for a 1 year check up.  The doctor told him he had fluid be hind his eye.  Sent him to a specialist.  That Dr. told him he had Macular degenteration related to smoking for 40 years.  Put him on high dosage of vitamins and told him to stop smoking that it "should" get better.  Does this sound right.  I know smoking is bad, yet never heard of this and could it blind him? Please help

This discussion is related to Fluid behind the eye.
Use the search feature and search "macular degeneration" also read the archives. It will tell you everything you need to know. Yes smoking doubles the risk of macular degenereation and also increases the chance of the dry ARMD turning into wet ARMD which is much worse.  

The best that can happen is it doesn't get worse. IF he continues to smoke he could go legally (not totally) blind.

JCH MD
diagnoza eshte corioretinit sieros centrale. semundja eshte perseritur 4 here dhe per cdo rradhe pamja eshte ulur dhe tani realisht eshte4/10.mjekimi ka qene ;diamokx,luteine,potasium.radhen e fundit mjeku keshilloi injeksionin avasine.permiresimi ashte shume i vogel. cfar mund te bej tjeter pasi po rriskoj qe per cdo perseritje te semundjes pamja po ulet.