EYE CARE
FORUM
fluid behind the retina
by Hot_Rod, Apr 22, 2012
I have been diagnosed with central cirrus about 3 yrs ago.  Two months ago my vision in the left eye (the better eye) deteriorated when looking at the amsler grid.  I also have a blur in the center of view in that eye.  The specialist took many pictures and determined that there is a fluid build up behind the retina.  The treatment was to wait 6 weeks and have a follow up visit.  The condition may have improved a very very small amount.  Considering this, what should I expect as the next step in the treatment?  Thanks in advance.
Answer:
by Houman Vosoghi, MDBlank, Apr 23, 2012
If it's CSR, it should hopefully continue to improve.  If not, you may need a laser.  Important to make sure that is what the diagnosis is though.

HV
Member Comments (4)
by Hot_Rod, Apr 23, 2012
Yes CSR was the second diagnosis after AMD.  Is it possible that the original diagnosis of AMD was correct?  I sought out a second opinion once the original MD wanted to put a needle in my eye.  OUCH!
by Hot_Rod, Apr 25, 2012
Just had my follow up visit.  Confirmed chronic CSR not AMD.  No changes in the recent pictures, the pattern seen is to wide and vague for laser (says I am a difficult case) so treatment options are injections if no further improvement in 8 weeks.  

Do the injections prove worthwhile or is it better to wait for the healing on it's own?  Is there something else I can do to help improve the condition?

by Houman Vosoghi, MDBlank, Apr 25, 2012
Injections are not likely to help but may be worth a shot as a last ditched effort if it doesn't get better on its own.  You may want to get a third opinion from a university based retina specialist given you are considered a "unique" case.

HV