fluttering in eyes after cataract surgeries
I had surgery on right eye one month ago and left eye last week.  I now have a mono lense in both eyes.  My visionis 20/20 in right eye and 20/25 in left eye but now I am getting flutterig in both eyes.  It is very upsetting to me and I am having a hard time adjusting.  The doc says it will go away and the brain will accept it.  I am beginning to think that this won't happen because I am not seeing any changes.  Has anyone gone through this and it has gon away?

This discussion is related to Restore lens removal.
You need to patient-you are only one week post op for your left eye.  Wait till you get your glasses.

Dr. O.
My right eye was a month ago and left 1 week ago.  I don't see any changes in right eye either.  I had mono lenses inserted and my own lense removed an cataracts removed.  Both eyes are flickering the same and the doc never said I would have to wear glasses.  That would not bother me if the flickering went away.  It is making me sick to my stomach and I want to sit in the dark.  Florescent lighting at stores and in my kitchen are the worst.  Doctor says give it time.  I am panicing I know.  But I just don't see it changing.  I so appreciate your reponse. My doctor will see me in less than 2 weeks and he feels I will be ready to graduate that means he will no longer need to see me.  I wish I never did this.
I forgot to say that the flickering is at the far edges of each eye and I see the shadow of the implanted lense.  I feel like I have binocular vision and if I cover the edges of each eye the flickering is alot less and I am comfortable.  Thanks again for responding....feel like I am so alone in this.
You may be experiencing dysphotopsia. Positive dysphotopsia is an arc of light toward the temporal side (towards you ear verses the nose).  Negative dysphotopsia is a shadow in the same location.  This may not get better. Google it.

Dr. O.
I agree with you I wish I had never had I.O.L.'s implanted in my eyes either.  It has been more than a year and nothing is better.  I have some blurry vision, flickering lights that remind me of staring at a ceiling fan.  Low light vision is bad also high light. I have no clear, near vision and have to have reading glasses to do or see anything within 24" of my eyes.  My eyes also become tired easily and I have floater's and spiderwebs.  It has been a nightmare since day one.  I have my 4th opinion from a U of M specialist coming up in 2 weeks.  It has cost me thousands of dollars and I could see better and was much happier before the surgery even though I wore glasses for nearsightedness and had cataracts.  I also feel desperate and alone.   chickenpotpie