Eye Care Expert Forum
foggy vision after cataract surg.

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

foggy vision after cataract surg.

My husband's vision is very foggy post cataract surg.2 days ago. His Dr. says it's from the Flomax my husband takes and that it will take longer for his vision to clear.(the Dr. was aware of the flomax before surg.) What has been your experience with this troublesome outcome? My husband is very discouraged.
It is far too early to get discouraged. Flomax does not slow the healing of the eye. In some men on flowmax it causes "floppy iris syndrome" where the pupil will not stay dilated and makes it much more difficult for the surgery to be done.

JCH III MD
Thank you for that info and your encouragement.  He is trying to be patient, but his other eye has damage from an ocular stroke, so he cannot drive, read and is in a sense--blind.
Thank you for this forum!!!!!