Eye Care Community
foggy vision

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

foggy vision

I'm a 26 year old female.
I have had perfect vision my whole life. But lately my vision seems clouded or foggy. I can see just fine but it seems foggy. My thinking process feels the same way. Just typing this seems different. I know where all the letter buttons are, but I keep messing up and needing to back type to fix things. Like I type a letter that I think is right and it isn't, sometimes its even on the wrong side of the keyboard. The eye sight is starting to make me nervous when I drive, like I said I can see just fine, but its foggy.
So any ideas on what causes these symptons?
I also have other problems too, don't know if they are in conjunction with eachother. I have been gaining weight for no reasons. I don't eat more, I only eat two meals a day (not a lunch eater.) I go walking with my kids frequently. I also feel very tired and weak lately. Just bathing my kids kills me, from being tired and also my back has been hurting. I also have been having headaches alot. I have had migraines my whole life (family curse) but these headaches are different. They are more in the back of my head and sometimes they feel more deep inside.
I know alot of this has nothing to do with eye problems, but like I said, I don't know if they are in conjuction.
So have you been to the eye doctor yet?  You should go in and have your eyes dilated and check for any retinal problems.  I know some retinal problems can cause blurred vision.  It's very important to check it out right away.  

Of course it may be something completely different, especially if it's both eyes instead of one (I could be wrong about that, but I think you're more likely to have retinal problems in one eye at a time).  But go get it checked out!  At least rule that out before you look for other causes.

Good luck,
Phyllis
I have been experiencing clouded vision for about three weeks. It started to worry me, as it can last for an hour or two, then it clears up and comes back. I have been under quite a lot of stress within those three to four weeks, also I had a mild cold about three weeks ago. Saw two optometrics within last two days. One was quite firm that I need glasses as I have somewhat not perfect vision, the other one confirmed my vision is not 20/20, but explaining to her about my past few weeks, she said to wait and see, as she is quite possitive the cloudiness is due to stress I have been under as before I never experienced these symptoms. She also said getting the glasses now might not correct the vision as I am going through quite a lot of stress, and she didn't find anything major wrong with my eyes.   What do you think? D
Hello cherishnkaiden,     I disagree with the statement that stress frequently causes blurred vision. If you saw two limited eye care, non-physician health providers (optometrists) and they didn't find anything or refer you to an opthalmologist (Eye MD) then I would concentrate on your other physical symptoms.  Before you attribute everything to stress it would be important to have a good physical examination by an Family Practioner or GP or Internist.  Things like diabetes, high blood pressure, anemia, thyroid disease, kidney disease, etc need to be excluded. You will need some lab work also.  Stress and/or depression should not be given as the cause of your symptoms until organic disease is ruled out.

If your eye symptoms persist see an ophthalmologist for a comprehensive medical eye examination.

Good luck

JCH III MD Ophthalmologist Eye MD
If I could jump in on this conversation . The reason I am looking at this foum is , That I just started wearing contacts . I have been wearing them for 3 days. I am a photographer and need them badly. I am wearing Mono, +75 +250.I do have chronic dry eye This morning I woke to eye pain. So bad I had to get up. Felt like sand . Now that I am awake the pain  is gone but I have foggy vision. If I look at  light it appears to have halos. I tried putting my old reading glasses on and They wear blurry. I am seeing fine without them. I have a concern about putting the contacts on inside out. I don’t know how to tell if I am doing so. Could putting them in wrong have caused the  pain and fogginess?
DO NOT WEAR THESE CONTACTS. Contact whomever fit your eyes and get in to make sure you don't have a corneal abrasion or infected cornea. Remember not everone can wear contact lens.

JCH IIIMD
I am now a 45 yr female and lately I have had a rt watery eye seems like just in the mornings and its like looking thru a fog.  After I rub it and wipe away the water it seems to clear up.  Also lately, I can't seem to distringuish colors when people give me paperwork that is highlighted.  Lighter colors like yellow I can't see.  I tell them that and they look at me like I'm crazy.  Its been 2 years since I have went to the eye doctor as I don't have eye insurance so its something I can't afford to do yearly.  Sometime I also see floaties. Should I be concerned?  I don't wear contacts anymore
Hi Im a 29y F who for the past 3wks have started having foggy vision.  I dont have any medical history and it seems to be both eyes not just one, I have no other symptoms. Should I be seen by an eye Dr. or a medical Dr?
hi, i just wana know is it normal to have a foggy vision while wearing a contact lens.. uhmm it's not a graded lens.. and after removing my contacts i stil have a foggy vision and it my eyes hurt.. does it normally happen to a first time user like me?
I am also having what I would consider foggy vision. I am 49 years old. I have always had 20/20 vision. I walked out of a video store last night and it seemed as though my vision was foggy,  like walking into a fog. My son said it was not foggy at all. This also happened about 2 weeks ago. I was walking up a flight of stairs, and when I walked into an apartment it looked foggy, but of course there wasnt any fog. I am starting to get worried. Could I be losing my eyesight?
To anyone who may have knowledge of what is wrong with me, I am 19 and male, my vision has always been good but for about a half a year now it has gotten progressively worse.  I am really worried about it, I am now more than ever more sensitive to any light, christmas light bulbs, ceiling fan lights, anything! when i was younger i used to get really bad migraines which impaired my vision, I couldnt focus during these headaches.  Im not sure how to desvribe it but it was like someone had flashed a camera flash in my eyes and it wouldnt go away for hours.  Diabetes also runs in my family so I wont rule that out and I constantly see specs racing around my eyes.  I am sorry for the way I am explaining this but its the only way i can, and the last bad migraine i had that impaired my vision completely was about a half a year ago and my vision hasnt been the same since.  I fear I might go blind or maybe I might have a brain tumor or something, I am really worried so if anyone has advice please let me know!
I just read your posts and you all should pay a visit and consult with this doctor, Dr. John Hagan III.  Vision is very important.  Have it checked and take care of - for your own peace sake.  
Hi I am 32 year old female and for the past 3 years I noticed that when I put on eyeliner my eye twitches and is too sensitive to put it on so I switched to liquid because it didn't put as much pressure on my eye area. Since then I seem to have this fogginess in the one eye and today I saw this big flash of light that was huge! It was so bright I had to turn my head. This happened inside my home which was strange. I'm not sure if the light has to do with my eyes or if it was something else, but I'd like to know if anyone has experienced this before or has any idea of what I might be experiencing. I am a little over weight but healthy, but one thing I have noticed is that I can hear my heart beat in my ears sometimes. I'm not sure if that is related medically or not. Thanks in advance for your feedback.
am 31 years ,i have a problem too ,when am reading my eye keep jumping from one line to another , so if i keep reading with force my eye start shaking , wat can the problem
Female, 63 yr old, on meds, have a foggy circle in my line of sight. Went in to see eye Doc. Say nothing has changed. Driving me crazy. It is interfering with my art work.
Maxine
pengelihatan saya seperti dalam mimpi... saya merasakan semenjak saya kelas 3 SD ketika itu saya sedang bermain dengan teman saya lalu kedua tangan saya ditarik suatu ketika saya merasakan rasa pusing yang merubah pengelihatan saya seperti dalam mimpi (tidak jelas)
I have been affected by foggy vision since I was younger. I can't disagree with anyone above but I have my own troubles with foggy vision that I can share, not to mention, I've worn contacts in the past, but had to stop wearing them. In short, I have an eye disease called Keratoconus (not suggesting that anyone above has it) that caused my cornea to be misshaped. Due to this distortion of the cornea, I had astigmatism in the most severe form; it was worse in my left eye. I wore contacts to correct my vision and at times, my vision would be foggy. Remedy: There is this solution for those who wear contact lenses that prevents this, go online or visit your respective eye care provider for information. Also, I made the mistake of sleeping at night with my contacts still in my eye; that's a no no. This called gonk to build up in my eyes which made them foggy. Eventually, a few years later, my cornea became worse from the eye disease that I needed surgery, so I got a cornea transplant. With the new cornea I could see better but every morning I wake up to a foggy cornea. My doctor gave me a special eye drop called cyclopentolate hydrochloride Ophthalmic Solution to help remedy the fogginess.The solution helps. I'm not sure if this will help anyone but good luck finding the problem.
I am a 41 year old female. For three years I have seen several doctors here in Dalton, GA for eye problems. I have been treated for eye infections all the way to cancer cells on my eyes. I have had two cornea scrapings in the last five months on my right eye. I also have plugs in both eyes and have also had to be on chemotherapy drops in my eyes. They still do not know for sure what the problem is OR how to fix it. My vision gets VERY VERY cloudy like I am in the middle of a forest fire or something. It has put a complete hold on my life. I am afraid to drive or have any life what so ever. I am at my wits end with "maybe this or maybe that" will help. I NEED ANSWERS!!!
Get checked for parasites, especially if you've been to a tropical region in the last few years.  Not common in the US, so most doctors have no experience with it, but find a good diagnostician and see him/her.
Eat bananas no more foggy eye