Eye Care Community
found help for white stringy mucous
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

found help for white stringy mucous

To all of you out there. I have had the white stringy mucous in my eyes for 15 yrs. and last week it totally disappeared. I couldn't figure out why? I sat down and went over everything I had done, eaten or taken in the past week.  I figured something had to be different and I think I found it, after years of searching.  I started taking vitiamns for the hair, skin and bones. Then I looked at the ingreidents. One of the main ingredients was silicia.  I did research and after thoughly checking it out, it said that silicia had something in it that removed excess mucous form the body. Low and behold it had to have been that.  My eyes are crystal clear and yes I do wear contacts and I can see clearly once again. It worked for me, don"t know why but maybe thats the secret. It must be something our body is lacking. So I went out and bought silica pills and take a extra one with the hair vitimans, so far its gone and hasn't returned, not even in the morning upon awakening. Give it a try!!

This discussion is related to stringy white stuff in eyes.
Related Discussions
10 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
Forget blondee028's advise. There is no scientific basis for any of the materials she is recommending.

JCH MD
Blank
252327_tn?1250187576
isn"t it true that most scientific discoveries are made by accident?
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
Wrong again.

JCH MD
Blank
Well I will try it because no doctor has been able to help me and I've been to several. I'm taking prenatal vitamins now for the skin and hair benefits and I have noticed a decrease in the mucus I might switch up and start taking the skin hair and nails vitamins. I'd love to not have this problem it really irritates my eyes and make them swell up and itch. Wish me luck! Thanks Blondee028
Blank
did you get any good results with the silica supplement?
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
-
Blank
I am going to try it.......I have been through this for 11 years now.......thanks for your message.  Doctors don't know everything!!!!  Your right most treatments are found by accident!!!!  Mine seems to be getting a little better and I am starting to think it was caused by stress....but I am going to try the vitamins!!!

Good luck to you.....I pray your eyes stay well.................
Blank
"Doctors don't know everything!!!!  Your right most treatments are found by accident!!!!"

Kinda makes you wonder why anyone bothers to go to medical school, doesn't it?
Blank
Nothing to lose. This Dr. Pharma looks like all the ones I've been to and have had no help other than..."don't touch your eyes" give me a break, we know that. The fact is, there are many of us with this condition and no answers. I will try the silica and see. Good luck to all of us.
Blank
See an Opthomologist.  Request that he/she see if you have ocular rosacea.

Check out this article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2358570/Sore-bloodshot-eyes-A-hidden-skin-problem-blame.html

Hopes this helps anyone who also suffers from this horrible eye disease.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank