Eye Care Community
general

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

general

Perhaps I stand corrected. In my experience in asking MD's directly and "off the record", I have had a difficult time finding a Dr. whom would support multi-focal implants if it were he himself on the table. Perhaps the tide is changing and there is more warranted trust in this surgery; I certainly hope so - for people like myself who need it and have been waiting a lifetime (diopter+ 8.5's).
There are Eye MDs that say they would have a multifocal IOL put in their eyes, there are scores of Eye MDs that HAVE had multifocal IOLs put in their eyes (mostly Crystalens). I am not one that would be willing to have put in my eye.

JCH MD