grey asymetrical spots at the end of blood vessels in eyes
Hi, my daughter is 4 years old. Just tonight I noticed lil grey spots on her eyes, they seem to be at the end of blood vessels. She has 4 in one eye and 5 in the other. Me or her dad don't have this, however I should add that my daughter and her dad both have astygmatism. I had to go in for laser surgery on my eyes a couple years back to reattach my retina. So I guess our eye history doesn't help. The spots have no paticular shape, just random squigly dots. Some are smaller and some are larger. I am very worried of eye cancer, I been googling all night. I will be making an eye doc appt, but just wondering if someone knew or heard of this?  Oh and also, the spots are only on the white area if the eye, they are on top and bottom of both eyes.

This discussion is related to black spots on whites of eyes.
This is generally normal in a child and represents where pigment from the layer under the sclera (white) of eye comes from the pigmented layer under it (choroid) along nerves or  blood vessels. As the sclera gets thicker as the child gets older they are less noticiable. Show to your pediatrician.
JCH MD