Eye Care Community
grey spots in white of an eye

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

grey spots in white of an eye

i wanted to discuss some eye problem related to my son.
aunty we discovered some greyish irregular shaped microbodies or i can say dots or shapes of greyish colour in white of left eye of my so who is of 2 years now.i have noticed it ealier also and also told to doctor but they were not much concerned about it.but definitely i m going to take an appointment with opthamologist.but i am really worried about him.can u please advice me if it's a point to worry ,if it's something serious problem.these greyish tinges i can see in his eyes when he is moving his eyes upside.otherwise not seen.
it will be a great relief for me if u can suggest something for him.
This might be of interest to you. It is an answer by a pediatric opthalmologist to a woman whose baby has grey streaks in the white of his eyes.

Kanu1234

It sounds to me that your baby's eyes have a little different pigmentation from normal, that is not entirely abnormal either. It could be either of two things. The layer under the sclera (the white part) is called the choroid, and is very darkly pigmented.....so if the sclera is slightly thinned that area can appear darker. Or it could be a normal variant pigmentation called ocular melanosis, where there is extra pigment in the sclera and this causes the sclera to appear slate grey. It is of no consequence.
The child should be seen by an ophthalmologist but the odds are good this is not serious.

JCH III MD