Eye Care Community
hair growing in eye

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

hair growing in eye

there is a very fine hair that grows from the corner of my eye, i pull it out when it gets long enough to irritate but it returns. its not an eyelash, its not from my eylid at all its from the pink fleshy area in the corner of my eye. Everyone i talk to about this says it is not possible but i know it is. what in world is this?
You need to see an opthalmologist.  No substitutes.

Are you using Latisse or any other 'lash enhancement' medications?  If so, they can cause hairs to grow anywhere you apply the liquid.
I have had that too and noticed it the past couple of years...I'm 56 and not using Latisse or anything else.   It does irritate my eye sometimes, and I have pulled them in the past.
Don't know if it's normal, but I never was concerned either.
Good luck and let us know what you find out.
That think you can't name is the 'caruncle'.  Hairs do sometimes grow in it. See an ophthalmologist.
JCH MD