Aa
A
A
Close
16212183 tn?1446143009
having surgrey for macular pucker this monday
I was told I might need a gas bubble and was given all these face down recovery system information pamphlets in case i have to rent.  Has anyone had to deal with this during recovery? how long do you have to be face down?  I know I will find all this out after surgery but I want to me mentally ready.

This discussion is related to Macular pucker.
Cancel
5 Answers
Page 1 of 1
177275 tn?1438375244
Yes there are many helpful discussions by people who have had this surgery. Use the search feature and archives and look up macular pucker surgery,  face down positioning after surgery   Best of luck

JCHMD
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I had this procedure done about one month ago and had a gas bubble, but did not have to do the face down recovery.  I was only instructed to not sleep on the side that the surgery was performed on, and to not lie face up until the gas bubble was absorbed (about two weeks in my case).

As Dr. Hagan posted, best of luck.  So far I am pleased with the outcome.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
177275 tn?1438375244
Because the positioning is so difficult, impossible in some people and can cause problems like blood clots in the legs the retina surgeons are trying to move away from face down

JCHMD
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I just had a bubble for a retina break.  (Second time in 14 months.). I had to lay on my side for 7 days.  Thank goodness for my iPad and this way cool stand.  http://levostore.com/collections/tablet-floor-stands/products/levo-g1-deluxe-tablet-floor-stand

Good luck!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
177275 tn?1438375244
+
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Eye Care Community Resources