Eye Care Community
headaches from new glasses

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

headaches from new glasses

Hi, I recently got new eye glasses, I had them for a week and I felt like they didnt fit my face right. They gave me a headache the first 4 days then my eyes got used to them. I went in after the week and told them they didnt feel strong enough and they made me come back in to re take the eye exam. The eye doc said the precription was fine, but the glasses didnt look like they were close enough to my eyes. They ended up adjusting them to my face and they are closer to my eyes, but I have had a headache non stop since I went in and had them adjusted. It has been a week today is that normal to have a headache that long just from eye glasses. Im concerned about it im not sure how long these headaches will last. I read that it can take up to a week and it has been a week with no change, seems like I go to bed with a headache and wake up with one and then when I ware the glasses the headache gets worse. I just dont know what to do any suggestions would be very helpful.. Thanks
You need to discuss this with your doctor.  The length of time to adjust to new glasses depends on the amount of change in prescription.  Common problem besides the prescription include change in the index of refraction of the glasses and the Optical center.

Dr. O.