Eye Care Community
headaches

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

headaches

I have a headache on the right side of my head, next to my right eye. It then moved to the top of my right eye where my sinsis is, now it is lower back right side of my head. Now my right eye is swollen, maybe a rash is forming above my eye  and top of my head. The doctor precribed prednisone and cataflam. Helps a little what is wrong?
I would strongly suggest you either return to the MD for re-exam or head for an ER. You could have developed cellulitis which would require IV antibiotics. Since you're getting worse you need re-exam and I would not wait till Monday.

JCH MD
The doctor is not joking.  If your eye is swollen and you have pain and a rash in the area, get help fast.
=
Agreed..you can be looking at cellulitis paired with an onset of shingles..good luck..if that's the case you're looking at a lengthly recovery and its very uncomfortable. We had patient in a month ago with it and he is still not over it..
So snowd   how did this turn out?
JCH MD