Eye Care Community
healing a damaged cornea

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

healing a damaged cornea

I would like to know what the chances are that a cornea can repair itself from an injury caused by a shallow puncture.  There is no foreign matter or infection present, but there is a raised area of the cornea that may or may not be able to re-adhere.  My vision is significantly blurred in that eye, but I am very willing to wait it out if I thought there was a good chance of self-healing.

Can a cornea injury repair itself and restore my good vision Doctor O?

If not, what sort of operation might I need?

Thank you for your consideration of these questions,  Ian.
You should not wait it out as the cornea has low resistance to infection and if it scars it can cause permanent reducion of vision. Call today and try to get in to see an ophthalmologist.

JCH MD
how to heal a tare from the back of the eye ball to the muscle of the eye?
That's a pretty vague question and hard to offer useful information. You should be under the care of an Eye MD ophthalmologist.
JCH MD