Eye Care Expert Forum
heavy and dry eye

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

heavy and dry eye

my eyes were ok..just till last year and i could see perfect..but because i used to work with computer for hours..i started feeling like i cant see as good as i could see before...so i went to doctor and got glasses ,which they told me its pretty high...then i started using glasses every time,ever sence and i was ok...till its like two weeks that i can feel like my left eye feels alot hevier and drier than my right eye and recently its along with some pain, which i feel like closing my eyes...my question is that waht should i do to not feel heavy and dry in one of my eye?
and is it possible for my eyes to get better vision if i dont use computer and TV since they have got week by watching too much computer?
1. Long use of the eyes to read, watch TV, play computer games, use a computer does not damage or injure the eye or make the eye need glasses. It may tire the eye just like walking tires the legs but is not bad for the legs.
2. Dry eyes is a different deal. use the search feature to read the many posts about dry eyes.
3. If you don't like glasses then you might look into contact lens or LASIK surgery.

JCH MD
then why my eyes got week because of the computer? i could literally feel it...is it possible for my eyes to get better if i dont use these things?
Your computer didn't cause the problems. I'm not going to debate this with you. You can believe whatever you choose.

JCH MD
thanks for the help...
-