hemorrhage optic nerve
Have had optometrist and an opthamologist insist I have normal tension glaucoma, and 2 opthamologists insist I do not have low tension glaucoma.  I did have a nasty car accident which caused soft tissue injury in my neck. Some 6 months later an annual refraction exam showed a hemorrhage  covering the edge of my left optic.  I am told it has been been resorbed.I also suffer from thrombocyethemia and have been on Hydrea/Agrylin for 25 plus years.

The last opthamologist said I don't have glaucoma but that I should see a retinal specialist as he thought the hemorrhage wasn't a Danz (I think that's what he called it---when I asked, he said that was the name of the doctor who described it) but gave no further information.  What is a "Danz" hemorrhage?  Should I see yet another specialist?  Can you recommend one in the Las Vegas NV area?

Thanks for any help.
1. Drantz spot is a small hemorrhage at the edge of the optic nerve rim. There is a believe that these lead to the typical arcuate scotomas of glaucoma.
2. Forget what the optoms say.
3. If one of your Eye MDS specializes in glaucoma I would have him/her follow you. If not seen a glaucoma specialist see one. Find one near you at www.aao.org

JCH MD
Thank you for your advice, which I will follow.  I see my Eye MD in another month or two.

Emerald 35
-