high eye pressure
My husband just had a cataract removed today.  They tested the pressure and it was 16 in the non-surgical eye and 32 in the other.  The doctor said it was OK to go home.  Is this right?  We are concerned about the high pressure.  He is a diabetic.
Everyone has a different cut off pressure and depends on their personal experience and viscoelastic used during surgery.  He probably gave him some pressure lowering drops in the office and will probably seen him soon.

Dr
I'm no doctor, but twice the pressure of the good eye sounds serious. During my IOL experience, they measured the pressure the next day and again three days later and every time I went in. The first day after surgery my vision was very hazy and caused by too much pressure. It was about 25 or something like that compared to my normal 18. The Dr. simply opened up the incision and let some pressure off and gave me some drops. The haze immediately went away, much to my relief. I am hoping that he did give you some drops before sending you home? How is it now?