Eye Care Expert Forum
hot Oil in the eye

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

hot Oil in the eye
hi , today while frying a drop of hot coconut oil fell in my eye, i washed my eyes immediately with tap water for sometime now i don't feel any pain or burning sensation neither do i have any problems like blurred vision

everything seems to be normal but i am 100% sure that the oil droplet fell in my eye, is it possible to have no pain or sensation but still have a damage to the eye,

should i consult a doctor or did the water did the work of avoiding any possible eye damage due to oil?

waiting for your response,thanks much
If you have absolutely no pain and your vision is 100% normal, you can probably wait and see how it plays out.  If you feel pain or discomfort at any point over the next couple of days or your vision is at all blurry, then seek an examination by an ophthalmologist.

HV