Eye Care Expert Forum
how can i cure my left eye vision

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

how can i cure my left eye vision

I complained of blurring of vision of the left eye.I gave them history of blunt trauma to the left eye with a cricket ball 13 days before.On examination,th right eye was unremarkable with 20/20 vision,normal anterior and posterior segments and normal IOP.The left visual acuity was 20/40,not correctable with glasses,the cornea was clear,the pupil showed traumatic mydriasis,the lens was clear,there was an infreior giant retinal tear with inferior retinal detachment.IOP was 35 mmhg.i was admitted to the hospital and left pars plana vitrectomy with endolaser and retinal tamponade was done on 10-12-2007.Me(pateint) developed total hyphaema post-operatively and the pressure did not respond to maximum medical treatment(Diamox TS 250mg QID,G Cosopt BD,G Alphagan BD and G Travantan HS).The IOP did not go below 32 mm hg.Evacuation of hyphaema was done on 27-12-07,however.it reformed again,PPV was redone on 14-01-08 with silicon oul implantation.Pressure remained in the mid twenties with maximum topical treatment.The patient developed cataract which was aspirated,together with silicon oil implantation and implantation of PC IOL on 16-06-08. IOP was very high,in the low forties despite medical treatment.Trabeculectomy with mmc application was done on 06-07-08.The IOP was controlled with good filtering bleb.On last visit of pateint(me) on 14-12-08,the codition of his left eye was stable,visualy acuity was 20/80,PC IOL was in place,the retina was flat and IOP was 16mmhg without medications,
NOTE : this is my deep request to medical help....stil i cannot see clearly on my left eye......After first operation  the doctor said to me that because of vomit i got eye bleeding....plz help me sir....its my humble request to u...m woking as a automobile technician,,,,i have good future in this,but this eye made me too depress,,,
Given all your eye has done through if the vision remains at 20/80 that is a good result. Without cutting edge treatment you eye would be totally blind (no light perception).
You can hope and you can pray for a recovery to full normal vision but that would not be the most common outcome.   Protect the other eye and consider giving up all contact sports.

JCH MD
thank you very much Dr john c hagan,,,,,,,,,,,,,u mean i never come to get full vision anymore right,,,,,,,,,,,ok as u say i protect my right eye........but its difficult to face the world in one eye and compete also,,,,,,,,,,any other recommendation to me if so,,can u do me this favour.......
No MD can tell exactly what will happen in the future. All we can say is what usually happens. Usually an eye with your problems does not make a full recovery to normal vision. You can hope. You can pray. time will tell. Discuss with your surgeons

JCH MD