how to remove a brown spot in the eye
hello i have a brown spot in my eye it appeared 4 months ago it didnt hurt but 1 week ago it started hurting. I went to a doctor and she said my eye huts not because of the dot. She said only a surgery could remove it. My question is what are the results of the surgery? what is the risk? what is the price its 0.3 cm? will it affect my vision? and would you recommend me to do it?

This discussion is related to Brown pigment on the white part of eye.
I can not help you without an exam. Get a second opinion.

Dr. O.
hello i have a question if you remove a freckle in the eye with the hlp of the surgery will your eye be the same again? will it be as white as then? is the surgry difficult? will i have to drik antibiotiks?
I just had a brown/yellow spot on my eye excised. It was on the outside (the side closer to my ear) white (sclera) part of my left eye. It was about the size of a pea. My surgery cost $1500. Immediately after surgery I questioned whether I had made the right decision. My eye looked HORRIBLE! I thought a had made a huge mistake. But now, almost 3 weeks post surgery, it is close to white. It is still a little pink, though I think it will eventually completely heal. I have been applying steroid ointment 4 times a day since the surgery, and I think it has aided the healing. Once I finish the ointment there are steroid drops that I will use 4 times a day. I am very happy that I decided to have this surgery. The only negative is that your eye will be extremely (blood) red for 2 weeks, and slowly heal over a period of 6-8 weeks. I think it's worth it though, it is so nice to look in the mirror and not have my attention go directly toward the brown spot on the white part of my eye!
Thank you for that advice. I am having the procedure done in a week, and have been very nervous about the aftermath. I have a shoot for maybelline mascara in 2 and half months and was freaking out about this brown spot on my eye. Hopefully my eyes won't be so red til then! One question though, does blood red mean literally blood red, or is it more like a "stoned" blood red? Or hayfever blood red?
What is this surgery called that the both of you have done?  I have a brown spot on the white of my eye.  Probably the size of a pea, and it really does bother me and make me feel so self-conscience.  I really want to get it remove.  A couple of years back, I went to an eye doctor, and they said, "Oh, it's nothing to worry about!", but to me it is something to worry about.

It would be so helpful if you can you explain in detail what the surgery is and what type of eye specialist I should be seeing.

Cheers!
You might wish to check out the following from *****************.  I'm not sure the cost is anywhere in the ballpark, and I have no experience with this procedure, but it sounds like it may be what you are contemplating.

http://*****************/question/index?qid=20091114151953AAOrGjO
What was the surgery called? Who did it ? Was it worth it ?
hi, I am facing the same problem. A brown spot has been developed on white part of my eye. I just wanna ask you how is your eye now? is it working normally after surgery? and is there any post surgery complication you notice?
looking forward for your kind response.
looking forward for your kind response.
=