Eye Care Community
hypropia of my brother

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

hypropia of my brother

my brother is having farsightedness(hyperopia) as he is 8 years old. he is always in his laptop for playing games .. and also not eating any kind of vegetables..

now he his having +3.0  power and going to wear specs. can we remove the specs after curing? how long it will take him to be fully cured? what he should do to be allright?what kind of food shoul he take? pls advise me
Tags: Eye Care
The computer or a bad diet did not cause the hyperopia, it's due to a short axial length of the eye. Thus computer use or a good diet will not help the problem.

The glasses do not cure the hyperopia but do usally prevent the eyes from crossing and eye fatigue. Sometimes in late teens and early 20's  the hyperopia regresses or goes away but not always. It's due to the growth of the eye not the glasses.

JCHMD