Eye Care Expert Forum
i get slivers of light in my eyes.

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

i get slivers of light in my eyes.
I get slivers of light in my eyes, (sometimes in both at the same time) They are kind of blinding. I have whent to eye dr when this is happening and they said my retna is fine. What is this, what causes it, and how to fix it?
If it lasts 5-30 minutes it might be ophthalmic migraine. If it last a second or less it could be vitreous traction or entopic phenomena. Use the search feature to read more about those conditions.  Be sure the "eye doctor" was an Eye MD ophthalmologist. If not, and you saw a non-MD optometrist then go see an Eye MD. Find one at www.aao.org

JCHMD