Eye Care Expert Forum
injured eye
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

injured eye

I ran into a tree branch about 6 hrs. ago.  My eye is teary, vision blurred, and it fells like something is in it.  I've washed it out many times--the  painful spot does not move.  Also, my nose has been running ever since and that side of my face aches.  I'm really miserable but don't want to go to the er if not necessary.  Thank you for any help.
Related Discussions
517208_tn?1211644466
Dear bellami12,

I would recommend that you seek the care of an eyeMD to determine the cause of your discomfort.  It is important for you to get checked as you could have a serious issue and need to be observed.

Dr. Feldman

Sandy T. Feldman, M.D., M.S.
ClearView Eye and Laser Medical Center
San Diego, California
2 Comments
Blank
Hi,
Same thing happened to me 8 months ago.  It was a pine tree and the needle scratched my cornea.  I did go to the eye doctor and he gave me antibiotic drops because he said tree branches are full of bacteria.  You don't want to get an infection and you don't want scarring on your cornea.  I would go in if I were you, but don't go to ER, go to the eye doctor.    Eyes heal really fast, so you may already be ok, but if not go in.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
233488_tn?1310696703
John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
Discover Vision Centers of Kansas City
Kansas City, MO
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now