Eye Care Community
inner eyelid problem

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

inner eyelid problem

I have continually had issues with the inner part of my upper eyelid (what touches the eyeball) sloughing off during some sort of allergic reaction.  My eye will itch and burn, swell up, and I'll have the cold sort of discharge in my eye.  Then before I know it, the inner skin or tissue will start scratching my eye.  If I pull the eye lid up you can see it coming off.  It hurts in the WORST way like glass is scratching any time my eye moves.  Is this something that has a name?  
I went to an eye doctor yesterday and she gave me Zymar and Acular to treat it and told me not to rub my eyes or try to clean them out when it starts.  How can you work and function when it's doing this???  Just wondering if anyone else has this and what it's called.  
Answered on the first post. Please don't post twice