iris sphincter (pupil) injury
About 4 1/2 weeks ago, I had blunt trauma to eye in a sporting event.  My opponent accidentally hit me in the eye with his hand.  Ruptured a blood vessel in eye.  Went to ER and was seen by an Optalmalogist and have seen an Optalmologist twice since then.  The blood has cleared and vision is close to normal.  No retina damage and no corneal abrasion.  The biggest issue I still have is that that pupil is larger than the uninjured eye.  It does react to light and responded to reverse dilation drops.  It is just always bigger than the good eye.  MY QUESTION IS THIS: After four weeks, is it realistic to expect recovery to the iris?  Could it still get better over the next several weeks???
Use the search feature and archives and read about "traumatic iridoplegia". Yes since it moves it may continue to get better, even make a full recovery. Generally what you have 5-6 months post injury is "the final result"

JCH MD
Thanks for the response.  We go back to the opthalmologist in about a month and will keep our fingers crossed.
The fact it moves some is a good sign.
JCH MD
Did this pupil recover back to normal for you? I have a very similar story to yours and my pupil is huge! It has been 4 weeks since my injury.
If Pierson doesn't respond you can click on his name and leave a note
JCH MD