Eye Care Expert Forum
is this pink eye or a stye? (pictured)

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

is this pink eye or a stye? (pictured)

My left eyelid started to look like this http://mysite.verizon.net/qduval/eyes.JPG about 2 days ago. It hurts like a word I can't say on here. (the pic on the right is my normal eye for compare)

I ask because I have had styes before and they don't hurt this bad, but maybe this could be a really bad one or one under the eyelid. I also just recently got over a horrible sinus infection if that is of any relevance. I will go to my doctor if it becomes enough of an issue, but my PCP is 35 miles away and I try to do everything I can before I go see her, and most stuff passes, so I was just curious it it is something I need to address sooner than later.
You should see an ophthalmologist for a diffuse chalazion of the upper lid.  That would be number one on the list of possibilities.  I saw the pic.

MJK MD
the redness is still there a bit...but the pain is gone....do you still think it was a chalazion?....I looked up chalazion and I dont understand how it is different from a sty. it's a little itchy no more pain should I still see an opthamologist?

thanks!