Eye Care Community
itchy and red dry skin around eyes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

itchy and red dry skin around eyes

What is the cause of itchy and red dry skin around the eyes; also the skin flakes off.  Uncomfortable condition.
An allergic reaction or a skin disorder.

Dr. O.
I read that it might be exzema (eczema).  The only way to find out for sure what it is is to see a dermatologist.  I think I'm going to make an appointment myself.  I have the same problem.  My eyelids itch and nothing seems to help.  I just started using a 1% hydrocortizone 2 times a day.  Maybe that will help you.