Eye Care Community
itchy eyes- Allergies or herpes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

itchy eyes- Allergies or herpes

I get cold sores every three months but my last outbreak I another one right after the first one had healed. I have allergies that make my eyes itch so when I am having an OB it is a constant struggle to not touch them. It has been about a week since my last OB healed and my eyes keep bothering me, it seems worse than normally but I really cant tell. I get itchy close to my eyebrow and on the edges of my eye, where my eyelashes grow. The weird part that makes me wonder if it is herpes is that it will come and go so suddenly. For example: yesterday I was washing dishes and they started itching really bad and couldnt handle it so I stopped and laid down and read a book and creid aliitle and it cleared up but later when I went to finish up I was fine, no itching. If it is allergies why would it itch really bad and then not itch at all in the exact same enviroment. I guess there could be something in there air but I dont know. I briefly talked to a herablist who has dealt with alot of people with herpes and she said that I would know it if I got it in my because it would hurt but would it hurt if I hadnt had a OB there yet?  My eyes dont hurt but my eyelids do tend to feel kind of worn, which could just be from itching them with my shirt. Would ther ebe any immediate symptoms of herpes in the eyes?  What are the chances of getting in both? One of my eyes botheres me alittle more but generally it is both.  
I answered this but it did not post.

It is unlikely to spread herpes to your eyes if you have had many OBs.  

You should see an ophthalmologist to get a diagnosis before self treating with herbs.

Dr. O.
Dr O

Thank you for your response! I have a herpes every three month for the last couple of years. I wasnt trying to treat the eye problem with herbs, I was have been trying to boost my immune system with herbs.  Would there be any immediate sysmptoms if it was herpes?
Yes, redness and irritation. Vision is usually blurred.

Dr. O.