keratitis abrasion allergic to bacteria
I have staph marginal keratitis. I am allergic to my own bacteria that everyone has. Just turned 62 and it hit me.  This time the abrasion was so painful I cried myself to sleep.  When is thiis going to end. 3 weeks now. 2 times more pain then the last time.I can't go through this every 4 months.  What triggers my immune system to attack my eye. I keep my eyes very clean. I had an accident and broke my back.  L1 compression.  Is more drama likely to case it. I am going to see a cornea specialist next week.  I need answers.
The most important thing is to see the cornea specialist. Be sure he/she is an Eye MD ophthalmologist physician.  This is not related to stress or your injury.  There are a number of things that might be done to help you including treatment of blepharitis which usually is present ( use the search feature and read about blepharitis treatment), antibiotic ointments at bedtime. Careful use of steroid eye drops and being sure there is not an underlying dry eye.

JCHMD