laser treatment for lattice degeneration
An ophthalmologist diagnosed me with lattice degeneration and performed laser treatment to seal off the weak areas on my retina. Now, 5 days after the laser treatment, I noticed there are flashes of light on the peripheral part of the eye. I immediately went back for check up but the doctor said my retina is normal.

Is it normal to have those symptoms after a laser treatment? What are the chances of having retinal detachment even after performing laser treatment?

Thank u!!
Only your Eye MD can tell you whether to worry or not.

You could still have a RD as new areas of lattice can form and retina tears can develop in normal retina.

I don't think I could give you a statistic to quantitate your risk of RD ask your surgoen

JCH MD
I had surgery for 2 retinal tears in my left eye about a month ago.  Cryo, laser, and a gas bubble was put in.  My surgeon wants to do preventive laser treatment in my right eye where there is lattice degeneration.  I am 44 and severely myopic (-13)

My question is about the recovery for the surgery.  Am I looking at another two weeks of being still?  He has only talked about doing laser treatment.  I have read conflicting information on the web and will have to wait until at least Monday to get that question answered. Any help would be much appreciated.
Only asking your surgeon can tell for sure. Most holes can  be closed without gas injection and positioning need not be done

JCHMD