lasik laser eye surgery is secure

I am planing to do lasik laser eye surgery. I planed for surgery and taken appointment from doctor.

But some people and my friend say this is not secure and there is chance of geting number again or you may losse you vision completely.

I am confuse wat to do now.

Please advice me what should I have to do.(My cylindrical power is high)

please help as soon as possible.
please

thanks for your reply  

This discussion is related to Eye Power is Increasing (Cylindrical).
You do not have an understanding of the procedure adequate to make up your mind. Life and medicine do not come with guarentees. You may still need glasses, you may need additional surgery, there is a small risk of damage to the eye due to infection, bleeding or scar formation. I suggest you get a second opinion.  Also use the search feature and archives here to read about lasik and complications.

JC MD
Hi Doctor,

I have wore glasses from my childhood at my 3 years of age. At 23, I have undergone LASIK for my -12 and -9 myopia. Again now at 27 age, I am wearing glasses for about -7 and -4. Still increasing. Not sure how Lasik helped. Now what can I do to stop this. Please advise Sir...
=