Eye Care Expert Forum
leak in eye

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

leak in eye
My eye specialist told me that I get leaks in my eye because of an allergic reaction to steroids.  I need more info on this, but I can't find anything on the web.  Does anyone know anything about eye leaks and steroids?  If not, do you know where I might get information?

Thank You,
Sandy
You are misunderstanding something here.  Eyes don't leak unless someone has accidentally or surgically placed a hole in them.  And steroids are one of the least likely medications one can have an allergic reaction to.  Steroids would improve most allergies.  Ask your specialist for clarification.

HV