Eye Care Community
left eye slow to open in the morning/ also blepharitis condition

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

I have blepharitis in the left eye. I have been cleaning the eye as directed by the eye specialist (with warm/hot water mixed with a small amount of Johnson baby shampoo, applied with  a flannel onto the eyelid etc..allso applied using cotton buds to delicately clean around the eyelash area etc.. In the last few months I have noticed the left eye slower to open in the morning when waking up, I do have to physically lift the eyelid open with my hand, once opened it is fine, I do sometimes still feel I have dirt in this eye, my question is: is this all connected to having blepharitis?, do I need to improve my cleaning regime and number of times I clean the eye. At the moment I am cleaning the eye with cotton buds 5 /6 approx times a day. I don't have any trouble with my right eye and no sign of blepharitis in that eye (no redness/itching etc). I would appreciate any advice or further information that may help me
Tags: Eye, slow to open, blepharitis
Baby shampoo is not the best treatment.  Please use a product like Ocusoft.  The contain a better cleaning solution.  For the best results warm the eyelid first with warm compresses (heated moist paper towel) to warm the oil to make it easier to clean with pads.

Cleaning too much will lead to irritation.  I would limit to twice a day.

Dr. O.
Dear Dr. Ray,

Thank you so much for taking time out and your valuable comments, I will certainly follow up the product that you have mentioned and it's application, I will follow your directions and hopefully I will achieve better results.

Much appreciated