left eye swollen shut
last night I noticed a soft bump near the left corner of my eye. this morning at 5am my eye was a bit swollen -- I dabbed a drop of lavender oil on it. by 9am it was more swollen---at 10am I took 2 Benadryl along with the Advil and Sudafed I have been taking for head cold symptoms...which started Saturday.

I am allergic to cats and was in a home with 2 cats on Saturday. By Sunday my head was clogged --- my sinuses stuffed and I had a bit of a cough. By Sunday night I was much worse...and began thinking it was actually a cold not allergic reaction to the cats. I stayed home from work yesterday/Monday-taking Advil and Sudafed every 4 hours. Then last eve I noticed the soft small bump at the corner of my left eye...this morning, as stated, I my eye was swollen, and I had no voice. I put a dab of lavender oil on a swab and dabbed on my eyelid..by 10am my eye was more swollen - it is now swollen shut. Sinuses are better and cough is productive...

I have experienced the swelling of my hand and bottom lip seperately at different times --- so, I'm sure it is an allergic reaction...possibly to Comet Bathroom Cleaner-when I am run down...only common denominator I can come up with right now.
Leave off the lavender oil. Use warm compresses or cool compresses which ever feel best/work best. If not better tomorrow make an effort to see an Eye MD ophthalmologist to be sure its not something that requires prescription medications.

JCH MD