lensectomy
My eyes are not suitable for laser treatment  but i have been told that a lensectomy would be fine.
Could you tell me if this is correct, thanks.
Do you mean laser as in Lasik?
A lensectomy removes your natural clear crystalline lens of the eye. By removing the lens you will lose your ability to accomodate and more than likely will need bifocals or progrssives. Usually, once the natural lens is removed an IOL is implanted, this is generally what is done in cataract surgery (except here the lens is clouded not clear).
Depending on your degree of myopia a lensectomy may improve distance vision greatly, some people end up at plano, but they still need correction for reading.
Ca321,

A lensectomy is an intraocular procedure, as in cataract surgery.
It has it's own set of risks. Is it worth that to have a change in your eyeglass prescription? Many doctors and patients don't think so.

DR. Pernoud
Another consideration:  Cataract surgery/lensectomy increases your risk of retinal detachment.  If you're very nearsighted, you already have an increased risk of RD.  (Your age and gender are also factors in calculating your lifetime risk of RD.)