Eye Care Community
light flashing in left eye

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

light flashing in left eye

what could cause a flash of light in a line form in my left eye when I move from right to left. It is like a little line of light
Hey,
I was reading some of the members questions that were posted recently and then I saw yours.
Occasionally I have the same problems. I actually saw an eye doctor for one of those symptoms. He told me I was having a verity of migranes (migraines) all at ones. Usually a person only feels pain on one side of the head when they are having a migrane (migraine).They could even see lights flashing in the shape of a straight line or like waves. Some people sometimes have migranes (migraines) and not feel any pain but still show symptoms of one.
You could be having Ocular Migranes (migraines) too. (Migranes (migraines) that linger around your eyes and that could temporally disrupt your vision). I have those acouple times.
But if I were you I would make an appointment to see an Opthemologist to have a routine eye exam to make sure nothing too serious is going on. Anyway,
I hope this helped alittle. Goodluck!!!
                                              Donna
You do need to see an Eye MD. It could be vitreous traction, retinal hole, retinal detachment. Migraine flashes last 5-30 minutes.

JCH MD
THANK YOU FOR YOUR IN PUT i DID GO TO WILLS EYE AND YOU HIT IT ON THE HEAD THANKS .
I SEE YOUR FROM THE VA AREA I RIDE MY HARLEY DOWN THERE A LOT.WILL TALK TO YOU SOON BOB
MY PERSONAL EMAIL IS ***@****
-